Pocket Watch, Rhino6, Raytraced displaymode, curvepiping, edge softening and displacement

Yeah, I belive in good carma :wink:
You can also extractrendermesh a displaced object if you want to 3D print it.

How do you export an animation as a file to email to someone or to post on a website ect. I could not figure out how to do it using the snapshot feature in rhino6

Well, basically all animations are made of a series of single images, and these can be combined into a video file either at render time or in post production. So if you have Bongo then you can use that and render directly to a file.

The simple “spin” animation seen above was made by rendering a series of images automatically by using a script that rotates the objects and saves the result to a folder. Then I uploaded these to a website that combined them for me to a mp4 format. (I usually use Adobe Premiere, but it isn’t installed on the machine I used when I did the rendering so I just found an online solution instead)

Sidenote: When I make animations I usually render to single files and combine those in Premiere or AfterEffects. The reason I prefer that over precombined videofiles is that when something goes wrong, the computer crashes or something needs to be altered then I can choose to re-render the desired frames only instead of the whole clip.

I like to use Blender for generating the video files :slight_smile: (and postpro, for that matter).

Indeed, never EVER render directly to a video format. The pain of rerendering one frame that takes about an hour and then recode into the final video format is very much less than having to rerender even a 10 frame clip where each frame takes 1 hour. Now think of a rerender of a 5 minute (or longer) clip at 30FPS (or 29.91FPS if you really must)…