Plugin Loading Error

Hi all,

Quick question: I had to re-install Rhino5 because the new Maxwell plugin for Rhino6 is not good enough yet.

I downloaded the latest Maxwell plugin for Rhino5, but when I try and load the .rhp file I get:

Maxwell.Rhino.rhp
Could not load file or assembly ‘Maxwell, Version 4.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXXXXXX’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am almost certain this is a Maxwell issue, but I thought I would check here to make sure this is not a Rhino issue… Any thoughts? Is there a log that gets created where I could find which file is actually missing?

Best,

Tom

Hi Tom - I do not recognize the message as being from Rhino, myself, but it looks like a pretty obscure one … I’d check with Maxwell I guess.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal - Yup, doing that as well, but just thought I would check! Thanks for the prompt response as always. Cheers
T.

Pascal,

I figured out the problem.

I had just re-installed Rhino5 so I could use the compatible Maxwell render engine (the new one for R6 is at best a beta). What I didn’t realize is that R5 installs in two locations: in the “Program Files” folder, and also in the “Program Files (x86)” folder. What I didn’t realize was that the default shortcut that gets created at R5 install is to the x86 version.

The way I got things to work was to make sure that the R5 version that starts is the correct one, namely the one in “Program Files”.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Cheers,

Tom

Sorry I didn’t notice this post earlier Tom, glad you got it working.

Ah, yes, the 32 bit and 64 bit versions…

-Pascal