Personal Project

I had a little time on my hands and did a little personal project. Some modeling in Modo but for the most part in Rhino V6 and then rendered in Octane. I’m really like the upgrade in V6.

8 Likes

Paul, you have the SteamPunk look down! Love your renders, glad to see you still using Octane.

Thanks…to be honest, I had the look down years before they were ever known. I just didn’t do anything with it. And to be even more honest, I’m sure I stole many aspects from my hero’s. :slight_smile:

I’m enjoying Octane and use it 90% in standalone mode. The Rhino implementation can be updated, I think.

This is something I did 20 years ago when I first got into 3D…using Electric Image.

http://www.illustration-3d.com/3d-images/u2.html

You are a braver man than I to dive into the depths of the Standalone. I am wondering if I should update to the newest Rhino version. Just looked and they have gone to yearly subscription, hate when a program I have used for years does that. May just be a deal breaker.

I find Standalone far easier to get around than Rhino’s. More space and it’s laid out very well.

Here’s the finished image.

6 Likes

I agree with you … but

I updated my version 3 to v4 without subscription. Otoy is not clear on this point but it is possible (only with upgraded, I think)

-jmv

Hey Paul, awesome renderings. Really nice :smiley:

1 Like