I’m trying to get a perforated stainless steel bowl using rhino for mac without texture files, as
I need to print this later. (not exactly this data but similar)
Like a yanagi sori bowl.
What I plan to do and did a little, but don’t feel it’s the best way:
- made a bowl from which I want to get holes on. made curves then revolve
- made circles on the surface of the revolved bowl surface using project
- drew a 1mm hole then placed it on the line which was created in step 2) using OrientOnCrv
- using offsetsrf with both side extending made the cutting solid.
- using ArrayCrv, copied them so they all have 2mm distance. Maybe polar array is also ok, but felt with ArrayCrv and having specified the 2mm, it’ll look better when I’m done with all the other holes.
Is there better way to do this kind of hole making?
(Preferably perpendicular to the outer surface.)
Yanagi_sori_like.3dm (10.8 MB)