Pattern/Color sorting

Hello Community,

I tried posting a thread on this earlier but it didn’t have much luck, so I deleted that post and tried to attempt the pattern myself. I am still looking for help and further development.

I am trying to recreate this pattern below.

My attempt is as shown below

1. I would like to ask the community if there is a more elegant and streamlined solution that could be shown. I am confident I have some errors in the randomizing attempt.

2. If possible, as an alternative to my method, I would also like to ask if someone could show me how to sub divide a base surface with the same grid like divisions. My attempt identifies a specific base curve dimension which is then copied in series.

3. Also, I would like to see if someone could show me how a pattern could be generated that follows the same color division but follows two attractor curves running through the grid?

Thanks for your help.

grid.gh (28.0 KB)

Grid.gh (21.7 KB)

2 Likes

Wow!
Thank you very much. I will study this. Thank you!

I would love to see how you did that animation too! :grinning:

Animate the jitter slider (RMB on jitter -> then Animate); then you can store the frames and make a video/gif out of them.

1 Like

Thank you ME_Mark

Mahdiyar,

This is great, I am learning a lot from it - thank you!
I like the use of the gradient to control the color but how would one go about defining 10 solid colors which can be grouped/selected?
Thanks again for this.

Hi,

@FordEarl Here is an wonderful tool by Daniel Piker for creating GIF image within grasshopper itself.

Cheers,
BVR

1 Like

Thank you for suggestion BVR, I will check this out.