Passing rhino Geometry directly into a Revit Family

Hi All,

For a current project I am doing, I have manually made all my families and type and pass in grasshopper data to drive things such as angles etc.

I have over 5000 panels and the process has worked fantastically well. However, I would like to explore more deeply into a closer link between grasshopper and revit (although I am a bit risk adverse in putting all my eggs in one basket here).

The question I have, is that at the moment, when I create my geometry within the family I can assign each to a sub category aswell as to a material parameter (that I can then assign a material to that parameter). I know you can assign materials directly to geometries, but can you assign material parameters instead.

Secondly has anyone relied purely on gh geometries into families for that number of panels and issues with speed etc.

One final one, if you did this workflow, and you wanted to make updates, could you start to call out sub category geometries and only replace some geometries within the family and not others @kike

Sam

The question I have, is that at the moment, when I create my geometry within the family I can assign each to a sub category aswell as to a material parameter (that I can then assign a material to that parameter). I know you can assign materials directly to geometries, but can you assign material parameters instead.

yes, you can assign and modify type or instance material parameter

Secondly has anyone relied purely on gh geometries into families for that number of panels and issues with speed etc.

Lots of variables to consider in answering this question

One final one, if you did this workflow, and you wanted to make updates, could you start to call out sub category geometries and only replace some geometries within the family and not others

you can add or remove geometry to families at any time