I am trying to pass custom class objects created in c# component to another c# component, but since I am coding inside the GH C# scripting window, this seems impossible.
As I do my research on this matter, what I realize are followings.
- Every data should be passed to one another with certain wrapper type.
- As I understand, IGH_Goo or GH_Goo should be inherited when I declare custom class to be able to pass object to another component.
I have looked up and read almost all topics related to similar issues but due to my super limited knowledge in programming, I couldn’t understand what they were talking about. especially the part ‘implementing IGH_Goo’.
I have posted very similar question to old grasshopper3d.com forum and do remember David answering my question with elaboration but still having very hard time dealing with data types in grasshopper.
my questions are:
- What are IGH_Goo, GH_Goo, Wrapper type? Could anyone explain them with some example code?
- How can I pass around custom class object within Grasshopper? (see attached image and file please)
- I see Grasshopper has types such as GH_Point, … etc. How are these types differ from Point3d and others?
question.gh (3.8 KB)