Pancake: Put emergency files in subfolder!?

@gankeyu

I like the Pancake emergency feature and it has saved my butt a few times already. What I don’t like is how it “spams” the folder with tons of files (in .gh AND .txt format).

It really clutters the folder with files.

Idea: Can we get an option to put the files in a subfolder called “Pancake Emergency” or something. That way the folder stays a bit more clean, but the files are still accessible in the appropriate folder. Saving ALL emergency files to one folder makes it much harder if you work on a file server.

So if we could get another option to store the files in a subfolder that would be great. Also an option to turn off saving as .txt would be great.

Thanks for considering.

Sure. I will PM you a beta version later.

Hi @gankeyu ,
I would also like to express a gratitude for developing and releasing such an amazing plugin as Pancake. Thank you for that.

And I have the same question: is there an option, that I can uncheck in order to prevent the creation of “PancakeEmergency,gh” and “PancakeEmergency.txt” files?

If you don’t want this feature, you can uncheck Hang Protection in the Pancake menu.

1 Like

Thank you very much @gankeyu .
So what does Pancake consider as “hanging too long”? It means the current solution has been executing for more than a minute, 5 minutes?

61s ~ 65s, to be exact (the time only counts when GH doesn’t respond to user interactions; sometimes a solution can be long but still responsive)

2 Likes

Thank you again @gankeyu .
All praises for your work up until now. Pancake is truly a brilliant plugin!