Orthogonal paneling complex facade

Good morning, I am trying to model rectangular panels on a facade with oblique cuts at the bottom ends. I have tried using the “Quad Panels” component but it generates panels that are not orthogonal to each other, as if it should connect the top horizontal line to the bottom oblique line. So I’ve tried modeling a ground-sky facade with just the panels and then cutting it with the facade pattern with the “Surface split” command but I can’t understand why I can’t achieve the desired result. Plus I would like the “wave” not to be in the upper part of the facade as well (beyond the horizontal lines to be clear).

Thank you very much

Paneling_problem_quad panel.gh (39.3 KB)

Using UV spacing is not that accurate in 3d space. For accurate grids on surfaces, something like panelingtools needs to be used: Equal Grid Across Surfaces - #10 by scottd

And also, not all shapes (in fact very few) can be covered by planar, square panels that can be unrolled to flat without stretching. To handle doubly curves surfaces some stretch or play needs to be introduced at the joints or in the panel itself. Reduce number of panel units for mapping double-curved surface - #16 by scottd

That post was quite old. In Rhino 8 there is a replacement for Shrink Trimmed surface that needs to be replaced with a newer one.

This is the updated definition for 8. It requires that PanelingTools is installed. Grasshopper should prompt for that when the definition is opened.

Equal Grid Across Surfaces Panelingtools V8.gh (48.5 KB)

I’ve been trying for days but nothing I tried the method in the comment above but, the only way that comes close not too effectively is using “Slip brep” but still some things are missing.

OK, perhaps there is a different strategy. Creating the panels on an idealised, untrimmed surface to start. Then trim away at the underneath surface afterwards usually works better. The example below show how to do the wave form, but not in the way you might think?