Organizing custom materials in material editor?

Hello,
I wonder if there is any way to sort custom materials in the material editor?

thanks in advance

I too would like to know if there is a way to do this! Seems like a very simple addition that could be super useful in organization within a file. If you are using more than 100 materials in a project it is very difficult to search through them! They aren’t even in alphabetical order and there isn’t even a way to search for them! Does anyone know a solution or strategy in organizing rhino 5 materials?

Hi, I would like to know that too, please.

Hi all-

We are winding down development of Rhino 5 for Mac and focusing our efforts on Rhino 6 for Mac, which has a completely different set of tools for organizing and managing materials. Currently, Rhino 6 for Mac is in the Work-In-Progress (WIP) phase and not ready for prime-time. That said, we’d really appreciate it if you try out the RhinoWIP and tell us if the new material organization system is meeting your needs or not.

IMPORTANT: If you have not already done so, please update AND RUN the latest Rhino 5 for Mac before using the RhinoWIP. This will migrate your Mac V5.4 Preference settings to Mac V5.5/Mac V6 Preference settings.

A post was split to a new topic: Layout features in Rhino 6 for Mac