Optimizing parametric structure

Hello,

I’m working on a personal project where I weld thousands of triangles (or other shapes) into a form. Let’s say it’s in the shape of a beam. I’m looking for advice on how to proceed with this shape optimization. Similar to the image below.

I’d love to be able to use karamba for the structural analysis and then millipede or something similar for the optimization.

I’m open to ideas!

Thanks.

Hi,

The image you are referring to is of Millipede example image. So you can download and follow examples of Millipede. But no official support available for Millipede plugin.

Download link:

Eg:

Cheers,
BVR

Hello BVR,

I will check this out now. Thank you so much!

So I spent the day trying to triangulate and connect the points on this tube with straight curves… no luck. Does anyone have any advice?

Millipede_Triangulation Test.3dm (49.6 KB) Millipede_Triangulation Test.gh (17.0 KB)

So today I was able to use Anemone to connect the closest points. The only problem is that I can figure out how to connect multiple close points. Does anyone have any ideas?

Millipede_Triangulation Test.3dm (48.2 KB) Millipede_Triangulation Test.gh (41.8 KB)