Opennest error

I have an error on opennest but I use rhino 7 and I try to install opennest

I found this message 1. Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly ‘OpenNestLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

1- my version (Version 7 SR12 (7.12.21313.6341, 2021-11-09))

2-when I access in a browser, I can find long message. part of this message

is {“authors”:“Petras Vestartas”,“download_count”:11647,“name”:“OpenNest”,“url”:“https://yak.rhino3d.com/packages/OpenNest",“version”:"1.5.1”}

3- when I typing on cmd ”C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\System\yak.exe” search opennest

no error and I found this message " OpenNest (1.5.1) "

@will, I need your help if you can!

thanks in advanced

Hey @user2583,

Thanks for posting here. There are more people and a better chance of getting help here than on the old Grasshopper forum.

Your screenshot shows that OpenNest is installed. How did you install it?

Can you please run the attached grasshopper definition and let me know where it’s being loaded from?

plugin data.gh (8.2 KB)

The error is perhaps you use curves or open polylines, whereas project component only works with closed plolylines.

Attach the file.

I install it from food4rhino and copied files to libraries folder then restart rhino that’s all

it’s loaded from this path.
C:\Users\compu fast\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\OpenNest.gha

and thanks for the replay.

yes, I use curves. is that the problem?
opennest.gh (9.5 KB)

Make sure that you unzipped all of the files into the same directory as OpenNest.gha and that they’re all unblocked. Alternatively, close Rhino, remove the OpenNest files from the Libraries folder and then install using the package manager (_PackageManager command).

i have a problem with packagemanager in rhino

and how can I check that the files have been unblocked?

Hi -

Then you probably have a firewall or antivirus blocking your access. You’ll have to make sure that you can access yak.rhino3d.com.

If you use the package manager (which you haven’t), you don’t have to worry about that. When you download OpenNest from Food4Rhino, you save a zip file on your machine somewhere. Select that zip file in Windows Explorer, right-click and pick Properties. In the Properties dialog, check the Unblock box:

Then unpack the zip file.
-wim

thanks, it’s worked.
thanks a lot for helping.

but I don’t use packmanager because of the error still, should I use it or not.
and you know how can I solve it?

thanks for your help

thanks for help
you are very friendly man thanks a lot.

Hi -

There are pros and cons but I find the package manager easy to use. Other than that, some plug-ins are only available on Food4Rhino (or other channels), while some are only available through the package manager.
As for solving your issue with getting access, other than what I wrote about the firewall and possibly antivirus, I’m afraid I can’t help.
-wim

1 Like

Ok, this seems to work, it was just the installation problem.

1 Like