Open AI for Grasshopper (.gha)

Hi there.

Here is an implementation of the OpenAI API for .NET: GitHub - betalgo/openai: Open AI GPT-3 and DALL-E dotnet SDK, that I made quickly to play with the OpenAI API from Grasshopper.

I’ve been convinced for a long time that Grasshopper is a perfect editor for AI, although it still lacks some fundamental things (like N-dimensional vector operations, matrix operations, better text input, loops, async canvas…), it has a huge potential to enhance the experience of AI computing, since most of the time is spent manipulating data.

Anyway, it’s a lot of fun to have these tools on hand (even though they are paid), and I wanted to share them with you. I have a couple of ideas that, although they require a lot of work, two days ago I thought they would be possible in the distant future and now I see that it is possible right now, so it’s quite exciting. I have tested that GPT allows you to title a secuence of components just by reading the definition (obviously there is preprocessing). I does a decent job on small definitions (less than 10 components or so) and having some groups or nicknames defined by the user. But this is without re-training or fine-tunning or without embedding input data, it is just using prompt engineering during a couple of hours! So it seems like teaching an AI to use Grasshopper is already theoretically possible, but due to its complexity it is very expensive to do and use it (for the moment, at least using prompt engineering). Please get in touch if you are aiming for this or a similar goal.

Enjoy! :star:

7 Likes

Thanks! I hadn’t seen the Open AI Embeddings before.