I have tried rebuilding the network curves and the network surface to no avail, so im assuming its the shape which is doing this. Are there any other tools I can use to make an offset?
if you want the edges/surface to offset towards one direction only, you can use _ExtrudeSrf or _Copy…
that said, i imagine these will also give you undesired results as the distance between the two surfaces won’t be consistent unless the surface is flat to begin with.
as a way to better understand/visualize what OffsetSrf is doing, maybe try the command on a cylinder and a sphere… what it does to those is the same thing it’s doing to your surface.
I want the open end on the right (the smaller piece) to be pointing directly away from the orig surface and not diagonal when I offset (or as close as possible)
The end circumference of the base tube shape is planar and a single surface, so im not sure why one side is veering off (bottom right of top left picture).
Doesnt need to be a solid as I can rail that after.
i don’t think it’s veering off… when you offset the surface, it moves in the direction exactly perpendicular to points on the original surface… the arrow you’ve circled signifies the ‘normal’ direction of the surface at that point and you can see it’s moving at a 90º angle.