Odd Rhino 6 performance issue

Hello everyone. I have been using Rhino 6 on Thinkpad x230 i7 16gb fo some time now without any problems. In the beginning however, it was so laggy that I was barely able to even open the program let alone draw a rectangle. I knew that my computer lacked certain hardware to run it at its best settings, but once I disabled OpenGL, there hasn’t been a single issue to date.

Now, not one hour ago, I accidently knocked the battery of my laptop and the computer shut off mid Rhino session. Upon restarting, I found that it was behaving the same way that it used to two years only this time I can’t figure out the fix. All the settings are the same, OpenGL is still disabled.

I’m wondering if something restarted, it’s waiting for some sort of confirmation of something etc.
Has anyone else experienced this? Everything became night and day in the matter of 45 seconds. Below is the adminstrator system info:

Rhino 6 SR13 2019-2-27 (Rhino 6, 6.13.19058.371, Git hash:master @ 17cd8b51accbe17dd04b48028f49d5e77a67f17b)
License type: Commercial, build 2019-02-27
License details: Stand-Alone

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Machine name: DESKTOP-1KP70FQ

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (Intel) Memory: 2GB, Driver date: 7-10-2015 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.0.0 - Build

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: Off
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: Off

Anti-alias mode: None
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: Intel
Render version: 4.0
Shading Language: 4.00 - Build
Driver Date: 7-10-2015
Driver Version:
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2112 MB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.13.19058.371
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Hello - the drivers are ancient, as these things go - accelerated mode is off but I’d still look for newer ones.

Ok thanks a lot I’ll give it a shot

edit: I just opened the program up and everything I back to normal. I guess it just needed a long nap. Probably should update the drivers in nay case…