Another newbie dipping his toe into custom component development…
In the past weeks, I have been creating a custom component (about 600 lines including comments), using the C# IDE component . However, as computational features are added, I have moved to Visual Studio primarily for its debugging feature and class management. Within VS the component code compiles, the debugging symbols load, but I am not able to get past the breakpoint message as shown in the title.
Present features of the code are:
- As I am learning C#, I have defined all methods (functions) procedurally, and not used classes. All the methods are defined within the SolveInstance method. As soon as the debugging is working, developing with classes and instances is next on my list.
- The sample code provided with the Grasshopper template debugs just fine with the same project and debug settings.
- I am using the latest version of Rhino, and targeting .net 4.8 for compiling.
- The component itself can be placed within a Grasshopper file, and once the ports are hooked up, it says that the component ran once without error.
- The purpose of the component(s) is to generate GCode for a specialized CNC machine I am building.
Thanks much for your reply.