Apply Here for Computational Designer 1: https://jobs.nike.com/job/beaverton/computational-designer-1-nike-footwear-innovation/824/13404800?fbclid=IwAR0BWYCmZqaQtIjOdpiKxFGWHqN_FOIIzDbv7obFf2FIC32yNnHsF7U1hUY
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. designs the future. At Nike, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Nike, Inc. Product Development is key to making next-level products. The first spark of an idea puts the team in motion, ultimately transforming a designer’s sketch into a commercially viable product. The teams of developers, testers, engineers and designers collaborate on refining each product’s construction, fit and style. Using advancements in technology and sustainable design, the Product Development teams accelerate innovation while reflecting the soul of sport.
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
The Footwear Innovation Computational Design team provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets and services. We are seeking a Computational Designer I who has a strong design portfolio and demonstrated solid experience in computational design methods and tool—experience in footwear product design is a benefit. As our Computational Designer I , you’ll work with the footwear design team to design products and streamline product design, development and manufacturing, leveraging computational design. You’ll use computational design tools to help design great product. You will have an understanding of computational design best practices.
In your portfolio of work, you should have clear examples of how you’ve worked on products with complex design requirements. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and participate in the creation of elite product.
- Work hands-on to digitally design products leveraging computational design methods and tool.
- Learn and take direction from senior designers on best practices and footwear design.
- Partner on the product lifecycle process with the Design, Development and Engineering organizations.
- Participate on multiple interdisciplinary project teams.
- Clearly communicate project status and manage priorities with leadership input.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Architecture.
- 2 years’ additional experience designing innovative products in lieu of a degree
- At least 2+ years experience using industry standard 2D and 3D design software
- Prefer experience in footwear product design
- A passion for Computational Design thinking
- Ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Rhino 3d | Grasshopper, Fusion 360 and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) proficiency
- Experience with Keyshot rendering
- Experience with Zbrush or other polygonal modeling environment
- High level knowledge of scripting language such as Python
- Demonstrated ability to apply these skills in innovative ways.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00464605