Apply Here for Computational Design Internship: https://jobs.nike.com/job/URSRCCADGI20?from=job%20search%20funnel
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NXT Digital Innovation team provides a competitive advantage to our creation teams by fueling product innovation and craft. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of advanced technologies, skillsets and services.
As our Computational Design Intern , you’ll work with the apparel and footwear computational design teams to computationally design products and streamline the product design, development and manufacturing workflow. You will have a strong design portfolio, expertise in 2D and 3D product design and computational design software, and experience in apparel and footwear product design is a benefit. You’ll leverage your expertise of 2D and 3D software design tools to help design great product. You will have a solid understanding of computational design best practices.
In your portfolio of work, you should have clear examples of how you’ve worked on key product lines with complex design requirements. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and participate in the creation of best-in-class product. The key for success in this role will be the desire and passion to apply computational design hands-on for product design projects.
You will be asked to work cooperatively on initiatives within the team and be exposed to the cross-functional Nike matrix (Design, Product Development, Categories). You will be asked to collaboratively develop plans for project work.
What You Bring to Nike
- Working towards Master’s in Architecture or Industrial Design
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Industrial Design or Computer Science (with visual design emphasis).
- Several examples of successfully launched products or product concepts (for school projects) that demonstrate complex product design solutions.
- At least 3+ years of experience using 2D and 3D design software
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in computational design (Rhino/Grasshopper) or advanced CAD design
- Ability to develop simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
- Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team; communicate and influence throughout organizations
- Can work with grace under pressure
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: URSRCCADGI20