Orca3D announced the latest releases of Orca3D, Version 1.3.3 and the Version 1.4 WIP. Both have many new enhancements.
Important points about Version 1.3.3:
- This is a free update to all Orca3D licensed users and will not expire.
- Any Orca3D information in a Rhino file saved with this new version will not be readable in version 1.2.4 or earlier. No native Rhino model information will be lost, but Orca3D information, such as section locations or weight/cost information, will not be found by earlier Orca3D versions.
- Version 1.3 is expected to be the last version of Orca3D compatible with Rhino 4. All future updates, WIPs, and upgrades will require Rhino 5.
- If a critical but or other significant issue is discovered in version 1.3.3, there may be a 1.3.4 Service Release that is compatible with Rhino 4.
- Some new features which are still in development are not included in Version 1.3.3 (StabilityCriteriaEvaluation,LongitudinalStrength). These are available in the Version 1.4 WIP.
Important points about Version 1.4 WIP:
- This version of the 1.4 WIP will function only with Rhino 5, and not with Rhino 4. You should have Rhino Service Release 10 or later.
- Only one version of Orca3d may be installed at a time. You must uninstall Orca3D from your computer before installing this WIP. (However,youmayhaveboth32and64-bitversionsofthesamereleaseinstalledatthesame time.)
- Any Orca3D information in a Rhino file saved with this new version will not be readable in version 1.3 or earlier. No native Rhino model information will be lost, but Orca3D information, such as section locations or weight/cost information, will not be found by earlier Orca3D versions.
- No change to your license is required. The new Orca3D version will find your existing license.
- Portions of the Help file may not be up to date.
- This WIP will expire on 16 September 2015. Either a new version of Orca3D will be released before then, or a new WIP will be released. For more enhancement information check out Orca’s 3D blog.
If you questions as you install or used the new release:
- Read the Help file available from the Orca3D menu in Rhino or on the Orca web site.
- Email Orca support. If you have a network license contact Orca3D to receive installation instructions and the download link. For others: