New beta plug-in for fabrication friendly font geometry

My guess is that the download got corrupted. Please delete the download and try again. You might also need to start 32-bit Rhino and update it to the latest build - it may be what is running the RHI installer.

Thanks, David - that sounds great! Glad to hear it’s not difficult to add, too.

@brian
I just also upgraded x32 Rhino (first time I’d ever opened it), and downloaded the installer for a third time, and still get the same error as @Marc.

Hmmm… @gregb or @Marc, are either of you available for me to remote control your computers? I’d like to see if I can figure out what is going wrong and fix it. I’m generally available between 9 AM and 5 PM Pacific Time (GMT -08:00) for this kind of connection. Reply here if you’re available, and I’ll private message you to set up the details.

Selecting the AtoB (ex).fabfont file still only loads 169 symbols, yes.

Thanks, I’ll upload a new version soon with debug logging added, I think that’s our only way forward at this point.

Done. Track width option way at the bottom. If the tracks are not displayed then regular curves are drawn, which is faster as it doesn’t have to calculate the mesh for every update. I assumed all track end points would be round because of spinning bits.

4 Likes

Doesn’t sound like you spend most of your time in meetings unlike others I know…

Hi Brian,
My computer is locked for rendering for most of the day. It could be done at around 4PM Eastern time (1PM for you?)

Nice! What’s happening in town today?

-Pascal

:u6e80: :u6708: :secret:
Language barrier :frowning:

OK! Thanks David.

Wow, beautiful! You do not mess around. :smile:

Sure, send me a message.

@DavidRutten , did you use ILMerge to merge several .NET assemblies into one?

@gregb gave me an install log showing what’s failing, and I’m getting this error:

`Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.`

This exception happens while the Rhino Installer Engine (a 64-bit .NET 4.0 application) tries to load your RHP to inspect its version information and other properties.

According to this StackOverflow post, it is sometimes caused by ILMerge issues.

Nope, it’s just two simple assemblies, one dll, one rhp.

@gregb, @wim,

uploaded a new version (same download url). It has the thickness UI, it also has some logging. It won’t work on the default font, so you’ll have to specifically load the font I uploaded, but then if you double-click the grey label next to the Font text, the messages should be written to the Rhino command history. I’d like to see them.

Thanks for the update, David!
I’m only posting the last one - it’s rather monotonous reading and I wouldn’t be able to post all of them anyway since they filled up all the lines in the command history.

Corrupt entry: U+00A6.symbol; Text does not contain a valid number.

Ahh! I wonder if it’s a point/comma problem. Trying to parse a decimal number written using English locale on a machine with Dutch locale…

Sorry, David - I get the same error as above with the new rhi. Strangely, I tried it a couple more times and then got the attached different error once.

@wim, well, I updated the plugin again, this time it should use English culture when parsing the files. Same download location as before. If you need to make sure you have the correct file, the exact size should be 1,423,014 bytes.