Need help joining naked edges for 3D Print

Hello! I am somewhat new to rhino and I’m trying to 3D print my model. There appears to be a lot of naked edges and I’m not sure how to fix them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
File link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IE-Wkn96vqXPcHX-fTtXLE5mF3a0jv8o/view?usp=sharing

Hello - in the future, please export the object(s) you care about to a new file and post that rather than a 100MB file - what parts here are you asking about?

-Pascal

Sorry about that, I’ll make sure to do that in the future. I need to 3D print the entire file. The three rings are good to go, but the rest of the model has many naked edges. To 3D print it needs to be airtight. I just need it to be a solid mesh and it doesn’t have to be perfect, so I’m not sure how to go about fixing it?

Hello - the rings are in segments, is that the idea? I don’t know how that will print since there is no clearance between the segments; the other more complex object is just a pile of surfaces as you posted it - the Join command will make some closed and some open objects from these, but again, multiple overlapping or side-by-side objects not a single thing…

-Pascal

The rings are in segments but don’t necessarily need to be. I was told they were fine to print.

The join command does not join all the surfaces, unfortunately. I guess I’m asking if there is a way to make it one solid object without any naked edges- like a mesh? Is there a way to blend the edges/surfaces to make it an object? Like I said the object does not have to be perfect.

Sorry if this is a newbie question.

Hello - for the rings, in this particular case, you can BooleanUnion all of them and then MergeAllFaces to consolidate. The construction is much more complex than it needs to be but it will work.

The more complex object is less clear - it would take some picking through to sort out what belongs in the final object and what to throw away - there is a lot of extra stuff here. I would just bite the bullet here and spend the time picking through the surfaces with the idea that you want only the surfaces that will be exposed to the air, so to speak, in the final part - those are the ones you need - once you find those, and isolate them, we can work on how to get them joined up.

-Pascal

The file is a mess, either join or boolean will not work here because there are few missing surfaces and a lot of overlapping surfaces, I think you can use the DupEdge command to get some curves, use CurveBoolean to get a closed section and then Revolve to get the main shapes.