Need expertise on new laptop purchase

Dear community!

I read the system requirements for Rhino and looked up to laptops I think would suit my requirements.
I am not looking to work on huge files (I know this is a little imprecise, so: no files containing 6000sm fair stand, just a table or little boxes for animal carrying etc. and not to detailed in decoration), but I prefer my system a little better then needed, just to be sure everything runs smoothly and working with Rhino is fun.

Here are the to laptops I am considering:
ASUS ZenBook 14 UM433IQ-A5026 vs. Lenovo ThinkPad P43s 20RH001AGE

The Graphic Card and CPU differ mostly in my consideration. The ASUS has a AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 8x 2.00GHz CPU and a NVIDIA GeForce MX350 (Mobile), 2GB GDDR5 graphic card whereas the thinkpad has a Intel® Core™ i7 (8. Generation), 8665U Prozessor, 4x 1.90 GHz, 4.80 GHz, 8 MB, Whiskey Lake as CPU and a GDDR5, NVIDIA, Quadro P520, 2048 MB.

For more detailed information check out the screenshots or the links below:

Lenovo ThinkPad P43s 20RH001AGE - 14"

ASUS
Thinpad

One last thing: I am willing to pay the price of the Thinkpad, it just has to make sense.

I am looking forward to your answers!

Hi @j.meditation
My 2 cents: Stay away from the P520! I have to say, that in my book, both graphics cards are severely underpowered, especially if you plan to make any use - at all - of Cycles in Rhino 6 and Rhino 7. If these are the two choices you have, the MX350 outperforms the P520 by 1/3 - those low end Quadro cards (well, the high ends ones too) are primarily if you want drivers that have been tested against and certified for certain programs, not if you are looking for value-for-money. Also, the Ryzen CPU is faster than the i7, so my money would definitely be on the Asus. I’m sure others have the opposite opinion :slight_smile: I think you would be better off with something like this: https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/notebooks/asus+notebooks/rog+gaming/asus+rog+zephyrus+g14+ga401ii+bm141t+654263
But I’m not hardware wizard, so YMMV :grin:
-Jakob