Modify attributes of geometry inside a block

We are indeed working on it, but we’re also very busy making buildings at the moment!

We’re hoping to get out an update out in the next 3-4 months, though it feels like we’ve been saying that since January…

The upside is we’ve had to develop some new features and improvements, which we hope to fold into the next version.

2 Likes

Cool! I’ve been using your plugin on most of my projects. Also for my Labyrinth

One thing I think would be a nice addition to Elefront is a component to create a large number of layouts

Glad to hear it! That’s the whole point, after all - making cool stuff :slight_smile:

I’ll give some thought to the layouts. We haven’t historically focused much effort on that, but I can see how it’s relevant, given the components for annotations, etc.

1 Like

I never realized Elefront added this “GeometryCache” container… why not put it in the “Elefront” tab which is where the other extra containers are ?
Regarding GeometryPipeline, could you check out my thread on the subject ?

Hack or not, I suppose that this workflow suits the kind of “balls to the walls” projects you work on, which is not how “Grasshopper Joe’s” like me work. I’m closer to the grass.

I didn’t know that. But now, you got to admit it is kind of redundant and likely to create confusion.

1 Like

Sorry, I explained this poorly. What I mean is that GeometryCache is a native GH / Rhino component, not an Elefront invention. The Elefront BakeName is just an implementation of existing features.

From what I’ve seen, your projects are plenty challenging and you’re no amateur!

Anyone who doesn’t want it is free to simply not install it, or remove it if they don’t like it.

Duh… I never realized that. Thanks !
I might even try to use it if I manage to figure it out.

Yeah, but they really max me out. :slight_smile:

Ok, so do you mean I can un-install the Elefront Rhino plugin without affecting the Elefront GH components ?

That’s right, they’re completely independent. You could have either one without the other.