Missing Top Rails for Revit railings

Hello,

I am trying to bring revit railings into rhino. For some reason I am unable to get the top rails of any railing into rhino.

Am I missing something here?

It’s its own element, using Element Dependents then filtering will get you there.

Thanks @Japhy for pointing me in the right direction. Is there a way where I can select multiple revit categories and get all dependent elements of those in order to bake them all at once. I am trying to do a script that lets me select multiple Revit categories simultaneously and bake them in rhino.

You can use the Union Filter to join multiple Category filters.

or the Or Filter has ZUI that you can add additional inputs.

1 Like

I think I misspoke there. I’ve got the workflow working at the moment where I select multiple categories . I can also get the dependent elements of a single category, and it works fine( in another script)

Current workflow - If I select windows, Doors and Railings, I only get the base railing geometry and no dependent elements for rails, top rails etc…

What I am trying to do is - If I select windows, doors , railings and any other category, it pulls all dependent elements automatically - the top rails handrail etc in case of railings.

I hope that clarifies it

Top Rail is in the categories now. Ideally you would know the ones you need an get them all in the beginning, without using the Element Dependents component.

Yes, I think that would be perfect, I can preselect them without using the element dependent component. I am however not able to get the category directly.

It only works if I set the value of the parent category as railings like this.

Is there any way to select these dependant categories directly using Railings\Top Rails like that first image?

How about this, instead of query the category you cast its Element ID (integer)

Something like this

RE_Category_Value_Select.gh (14.5 KB)

If you get an error opening the .Gh, just save and it will be fine (i might be in a slightly new version)

Maybe break them into smaller lists by how you will be using them.

This works perfectly fine. Thanks @Japhy !