Missing PDB files for debugging in VS2010

I am developing a 64 bits plugin for Rhino 5 with VS 2010 and the C++ SDK. I followed the instructions given on the following page:

But when I press the “Start Debugging” button, then I get the following error messages:

“Debugging information for ‘Rhino5x64_d.exe’ cannot be found or does not match. Cannot find or open the PDB file”

“‘Rhino5x64_d.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Rhino 5.0 x64 SDK\Bin\x64\Rhino5x64_d.exe’, Cannot find or open the PDB file”

“‘Rhino5x64_d.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll’, Cannot find or open the PDB file”

… and many others

It seems that PDB files are missing in my Rhino installation. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Hi @Guillaume,

Please review the following SDK guide regarding plug-in build configurations and let me know if you have any questions.

– Dale

Hello Dale,

I have Rhino 5 SR14 64-bit. I downloaded the SDK a few days ago from this webpage:

https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-sdk/5.0/release

I see the installer is called “rh50sdk_5.9.40609.20145.msi”, so I suppose it is like version 5 SR9 ? According to the link you sent, this might be the problem. How can I get consistent version of Rhino and SDK ?

Thanks

Hi @Guillaume,

The easiest thing to do is build using the PseudoDebug configuration. You can debug with this build type.

– Dale

Hello Dale,

Unfortunately, the PseudoDebug mode is also not working. I get the error message "cannot open file path\pluginname.rhp’.

Is anything else I could try to use Debug or PseudoDebug mode ?

Regards,
Guillaume

Hi @Guillaume,

Set you debug target to Rhino.exe.

– Dale

Already the case:

When do you get this message? How can I repeat what you are seeing?

– Dale

When I build the project I obtain the following warnings and errors:

Hi @Guillaume,

You can get “cannot open” and “acces to {path} denied” when building if you plug-in .RHP file is already in use by a running Rhino.

If this isn’t the case, then you might check the .rhp file and make sure it’s not tagged as read-only.

– Dale

Hmmm … Now it builds but I come back to my original problem when I press the “start debugging” button:

Check the “Don’t show this dialog” again, and continue on…