Hi,
In rhino wip I see function that allows to create mesh with holes from closed polyline.
Is there an example from .NET developers?
Before I was using Triangle.NET, but it worked only in 2D.
Thanks
Hi,
In rhino wip I see function that allows to create mesh with holes from closed polyline.
Is there an example from .NET developers?
Before I was using Triangle.NET, but it worked only in 2D.
Thanks
What command are you using to do this?
MeshPatch. I asks to select boundary and holes.
Ah but it not always works with concave polylines:
The functionality behind the MeshPatch command is not exposed in any of our SDKs.
– Dale
Hi,
So is there any command, that can create mesh with holes?
MeshPatch, but there is no Grashopper, or RhinoCommon function just rhino command
I was happy to find there is a Mesh.CreatePatch method exposed now. Although I’m not sure why the outerBoundary parameter needs to be a Polyline if the innerBoundaryCurves can be Curves.
Looks like it still wants Polylines even though type is curve.
Probably those conversions are based on your outer polyline for the best kind of triangulation, hence why the outside needs polyline explicitly?
If it’s of any use, I’m attaching the C# component shown in the image above. It should work with Data Trees and is multi-threaded as well (written for creating lots of building footprints at once). However, the Boundary Surfaces component is pretty damn fast now that it’s multi-threaded.
MeshPatch.gh (6.9 KB)
Ok so finally this one is shared between .NET I do not need to use Triangle.NET anymore.
So, this method is only expose for Rhino 6?
Yes it is