Materials Editor not showing up in Rhino 7

I am new to rhino and installed the latest update and have seemed to lose the materials editor. I can no longer change the color or material type… Any ideas where I get it back?

Hi Kaleb -
Please run the Rhino SystemInfo command and copy-paste the result here.
-wim

Rhino 7 SR23 2022-10-9 (Rhino 7, 7.23.22282.13002, Git hash:master @ a931168ca9426920ae6aa97218710b662f17fc39)
License type: Commercial, build 2022-10-09
License details: Cloud Zoo

Apple macOS Version 11.6 (Build 20G165) (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Rhino is running in Rosetta2 on Apple Silicon
Mac Model Identifier: Macmini9,1
Language: en-GB (MacOS default)

Apple M1 (OpenGL ver:4.1 Metal - 71.7.1)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: Apple
Render version: 4.1
Shading Language: 4.10
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: n/a
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 10922 MB
Graphics: Apple M1
Displays: Unknown (92dpi 1x)

Graphics processors
Apple M1
G2420HDBL (1920 x 1080 @ 60.00Hz)

USB devices
Realtek: BillBoard Device
Generic: 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
Logitech: USB Receiver

Any Ideas?

Hi -
It looks like you might not have copied the entire SystemInfo data? Please post all of it.
-wim

@Kaleb_Wentzel-Fisher Do you have material settings in a new document?

Was there a resolution here? My material editor opens but has lost all options to edit. Create new, edit existing, make unique editable copy, etc all just have an empty dialogue box. Even with a brand new file and a simple box object I have lost ability to edit the materials. Thanks for any help!

1 Like

Hi @Eric_Hanson Are you in the Materials Panel or the Materials section of the Properties panel with a specific selected object? If you are in the Materials panel, do you see a bar with a small dot at the bottom? This area may be collapsed and need to be dragged up.

If that doesn’t help please provide a screenshot in reply of what you see.

I am having that exact same problem throughout all my files - I simply don’t have a material editor anymore, which is critical for a deadline

Do you not have a Materials panel or do you not see the thumbnails and the + button to make materials? What do you see if you run the command Materials?

Try restarting Rhino completely.