MatchSrf / MatchCrv, Show Points

Thanks @pascal & @theoutside

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

Absolutely brilliant improvement of the UI. An “anti-schizophrenic” improvement from the current eyes-fluttering-all-over-the-place UI we’ve gotten used to.

Plus the diagnose info, of course.

// Rolf

3 Likes

That’s probably the right path for Rhino MatchSrf , yes.

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

+1 that would speed my workflow so much!

If I can vote can we put a slider in for smooth blend averaging across the points of a surface too?

5 Likes

+1, this would be quite helpful

1 Like

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-66370

1 Like

Also:

Oh yeah
 just seen your point @theoutside to go the extra mile if possible on your YT. It sure seems a lot of people like the ideas of points on/off in the command as a minimum anyway.

yep, I added a bit more detail-

2 Likes

+1 for me too, for visible points, sliding them within the command and smoothing.

1 Like

Maybe a little off-topic, but relevant. Shouldn’t the ability to turn on control points be implemented in any command that has a preview of the surface that would be created? I often try different commands to see what gives me the best result, and the ability to turn on control points would very likely make this process less iterative.

3 Likes

i don’t hate that idea at all.

I have an idea. A maybe, to keep things clean. What about, you press F10 or type in ControlPointsOn while in the command creating a surface? In the same way you can change your display mode within a command, and other multiple settings.

I’m sure others would points out certain things to consider, like commands that might make a poly surface* instead.

I try to tell devs what I want to do, and let them figure out how to do it.

1 Like

I removed the exclamation mark at the beginning of the macro of the affected commands, (it worked for me)

click shift and right mouse button simultaneously, on the desired icon
the button editor will open.
in the appropriate text field, delete the exclamation point at the start of the macro.

why do developers set exclamation mark in macros of display commands by default? in my humble opinion, there is no point in having display modes interrupting other commands !.

+1 for me too

then simply change it
 rhino lets you do you

This looks so good and powerful.
Like It!!!
+1 for me

+1 for me

Sounds like surfacing tool improvements are in demand after all!