Match curve

How does it work behind the scene? Is there a place to find this info? Thank you,Mark

Hi Mark - I’m not sure what the question is - are you looking for code, or algorithm, or more info about the options, or?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, It is to understand its functionality and how that can be used.
I am wondering how it works , because I wondered if a command could be made that was called “Lever” . Where you to take the last 2 cv pts. on a curve , connect them by a lever command . This would act as a wooden batten in your hand. Maybe the length of the lever handle would be the amount the curve moves by magnitude.
I Am suspecting that the bend command does some things like this .
Why am I asking this? Maybe it is backwards thinking, but mostly to simulate something like wood or other materials their characteristics.

Hmmm- I think I need an example for the Lever idea… as for Match, what it does in a nutshell is arrange the end point (position/G0 match) end plus one points (tangency/G1 match) end plus two points (curvature/G2 match) of the curve to change so that it has the required continuity to the target curve. For position, the end point is moved to be coincident with the target’s end point, for tangency, as above but the next point is moved, if necessary, such that the end points and second points on the two curves all fall on a line. For curvature - points moved as for tangency plus a thiurd point is moved as well to - the location of the third point is less obvious than the second point (for tangency). I believe the match for tangency attempts to keep the distance from end to second point the same as the starting curve.

Dunno of that helps at all. There is more to it with ‘preserve other end’ settings and so on.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, didnt want to leave you hanging. I think I will think on it some. Or perhaps draw an example