Map Curves to Surface

Hi everyone,

I’m attempting to map a concentric dot pattern onto a curved surface using surface morph and wondered if you could help me please? Thanks!

Map Curve to Surface.gh (144.5 KB)
Uploading: ViewCapture20220922_145408.jpg…

The easy way looks off by 90 degrees? Tried but failed so far to fix it. :thinking:

Map Curve to Surface_2022Sep22a.gh (146.6 KB)

P.S. By the way… we discussed this last October? Might be better to create the circles on the curved surface?

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your help.
Yes we did and I used the same gradient dot pattern definition you provided to create these curves :+1: I still don’t know how I would go about creating the dot pattern on the curved surface to begin with :confused:

Offset on Surface looks promising?

Ok, I’ll give that a try. Thank you.

There is probably a way to get map/morph to surface working. I have other things to do this morning, maybe later.

1 Like

Oh look! I hastily got something to work. More fiddling with the parameters is needed, the circles need to be pulled (or projected/extruded?) to the surface to cut holes, etc., but the basic idea of adapting the old code appears to work.

edge_holes_2022Sep22a.gh (96.5 KB)

2 Likes

Great work, @Joseph_Oster! Thanks for coming through to help me again!

Added a “gutter” slider (blue group) to inset the outer ring of circles, added cut holes (orange group, SLOW!), adjusted some parameters slightly.

edge_holes_2022Sep22b.gh (104.8 KB)

4 Likes

Very nice, @Joseph_Oster !