Making Anemone loops work with Galapagos ["Fast" loops?]

Hey there!

I have been working with GH for the past two years, but only recently started working with Anemone. I like the concept, the problem is that the loop isn’t the whole code. Not even close, this is a 40Mb code for a city planning project.

The loops comes in at a certain point, and when not running Galapagos the regular loop works well, I activate it with a button, it thinks for around 30 seconds, gives a good output and everything works well.

The problem starts when I use galapagos, everything goes to hell - It just doesn’t work. So I did my research and the most common answer I saw was to use the “fast loop”. I did, seems that it does what it should, sure, but those 30 seconds suddenly turn into literally 16 minutes.

Is there a way to take data out of the code to another empty code, run a regular loop there, and then re-connect the loop output back all while running galapagos?

Much appreciated!

Lev

Hi L Zhitnik, do you have any updates about it?
I’m dealing with the same problem here. I just can’t make galapagos work with anemone because of the “trigger” button.

Does anyone know something about it? thanks!

Unfortunately no, scripting is the only reliable way to create loops, not to mention nested loops in Grasshopper…

I tried Anemone for my application How to include Galapagos in a loop - #9 by volchinskiy

Anemone did not work, it appears that the fast loop runs without letting galapagos ever complete any iteration.

Scripting is likely the only way, and I hope to figure out how to do it with python.