Make generic models using Rhino.inside/revit

Hello Everyone,
I’m new to Rhino.inside.revit. I want to use this platform to make perforated panels in Rhino/Grasshopper and link them to Revit (As generic models). So I want to ask if it is possible to do this using Rhino.Inside.Revit?

Best,

Mahan

Yes, it is possible. Explain what you want to do with some images and files so we can better help.

Thanks for your reply. Attached you can find my grasshopper definition of a perforated panel. I want to link the output Brep to Revit, preferably in the form of a generic model. I need to know which components of the Revit add-on I should use to do the task mentioned above.

unnamed.gh (8.5 KB)

See attached.

Perforated panels like this are going to be pretty intensive computer wise, these are best done as a material map.

re_add-GenericModel.gh (18.1 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your assistance. Can you please also mention how it is possible to import such pattern as material map?

Best,

Mahan

Video below and documentation might help. I agree with @Japhy on creating these type of geometries using cutout maps and material patterns.

1 Like

Perfect, Pyrevit Pattern maker is probably the best route if the goal is documentation. Using an opacity mapped pattern being better suited for a rendering workflow.

3 Likes