Maintain properties when copying to layer?

Hello, a nd to be able copy object to an other layer is there a command ? thanks

Select the object(s), find the layer you want to copy to in the layer panel, right click on the layer and choose “Copy objects to layer”.

There is also the _CopyToLayer command.

1 Like

And one last question to be able to create aliases who copy : _From Last Point _Use Last Distance _Use Last in one command do you know how i could do ?

It is better to start a new thread with a new topic rather than append it on a thread about a different topic.

Pascal when i do it its only copying the color layer not the material do you know if its possible to do it also with the material ?

Pascal help !!! ahah

Hi Julien - here is what I see,

before:

after:

What should happen?

-Pascal

I try to match the second layer it work for the display color but not for the material :confused:

It work only with the material apply on the object not on the layer … :confused:

So… if the object uses the layer material, you want that material to go to the target layer, correct?

-Pascal

exact it would make me save so much time !
Thank you in advance !

Updated above…

-Pascal

1 Like

Thank you so much !

Hi Pascal i have the last last question for you. I would like to copy an object to a duplicate layer with same properties of the first one ! Do you know if its possible ? :slight_smile:

Pascal i need you for a last time

Hi Julien, I’ll take a look when I can - travlling at the moment.

-Pascal

1 Like

Thank you so much !!!

Just to be clear - You want to select an object, and make a new layer that has the same properties the object layer has, and put a copy of the object on the new layer?