Lucky find: _BooleanIntersection works with history

… and thus enables the creation of animations of the clipping of selected objects in a scene. For example, an animation of fluid flowing through objects is possible. _BooleanIntersection is not listed at the history supported commands at the help page.

Here a quick example - the blue object can be filled with red “liquid” by moving the black help object.

-Micha

2 Likes

Yes, all the boolean operation now works with history if you keep the original geometry.
The hidden announcement is embedded here Rhino 8 Feature: Constraints

Great, that it will work at Rhino8. Thank you for the note. I forget to say I was talking about Rhino 7. :wink:

Indeed, in his video Joshua uses the Rhino WIP BooleanDifference command rather than BoleanIntersection.
In Rhinos WIP the Deleteinput=No option of BolleanDifference leaves an instance of both the “subtract from” and “subtract with” objects, thus allowing History to be feasible. In Rhino 7 the “substract from” object is always deleted and History lacks the necessary data to work with.

At my Rhino 7 Boolean Difference doesn’t work with History, but I can disable delete input. Boolean Difference works fine, history is available and nothing is deleted. Looks like we have different Rhino 7. :wink:

Your video link doesn’t show a video from Joshua, I see Clayoo videos from MarcPalacios.

But I think anything is fine, only the Rhino 7 help page needs an update for History.

Here is the correct video. Sorry.
I made an issue about the Help page.
Luc