Linetype display options for surface and polysurface edges [wish]

Will v6 give us the ability to control the linetype display of surfaces and polysurfaces?

It would be so useful to be able to display the edges of some objects as dashed or dotted lines, and have that printable in a vector format.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. I’ve added this as a feature request (RH-22558 / This request is not public at this time). Specifically, the ability to display srf edges with linetype settings in a display mode. In the meantime, I think you can do this now in V5 with the use of DupBorder and a little set up work.

• ExtractSrf or Explode polysrfs into the desired srfs you wish to display with linetype edge
  • DupBorder to make crvs
  • Adjust linetype on the curves made
  • Print to pdf995 with vector output

+1

Is it still considered? Being able to draw surface/polysurfaces’ edges as dashed lines would be super useful :slight_smile:

Sorry, this one hasn’t been worked on and is set to possible future development. I added your comment to the YouTrack page which is now public https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-22558

1 Like

Thanks.

My use case is showing intersections of extruded boundary lines with the clipping plane in detail views (example below)

Is this being worked on? How many more requests for it would it take if not?

In Rhino 8, object’s edges and isocurves are displayed following the linetype setting of the object or its layer. You can turn this off in a display mode.

-wim

Outstanding!