Lines perpendicular to points over surface

Hello guys,

I’m asking again your help to find this time a way to generate lines that are perpendicular to surface.

The surfaces is meshed, and each intersection point over the surface becomes the origine point for the perpendicular lines.
I already used the fonction SDivide to get my points over the surface. I am struggling after to create perpendicular lines.
It would be super cool to have some advices.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Try this

All my gratitude Seghier khlaed! That was indeed as easy as your example shows it :slight_smile: Thanks again!

Hi Seghier khaled,

I might be misleading you with the SDivide function. I realised, that if I want to get specific intersections points between my curves, i had to use the fonction MultipleCurves (MCX). But with it, I can’t find my perpendicular vector. The one that I would need to link to the “D” from the fonction LineSDL.
Any idea how to find it from MCX?

Thanks again for your help sir
Best Regards

it’s better if you post a definition for better understanding

because direction is Z by default
upload simple definition to get help

I tried to simplify the gh code with a sphere. I made sure to use at the end, the fonction MultipleCurves (MCX) , to get all my intersection points and to be coherant with the example above. I hope it will be easier to find out how to find the perpendicular vector and to use it, instead of the Z vector

Normal vector over surface from points.gh (7.3 KB)

Use deconstruct plane for points

1 Like

post your definition; i can’t know and to get better help from other users
cases can’t be the same always and solution may differ