Latest WIP breaks _insetedge for me

I installed WIP 7.0.20168.13075, 6/16/2020, and now the _InsetEdge command will run but when I hit enter it doesn’t do anything.

Anyone else having this issue? It’s a very simple object. Just trying to insert an edge between the two highlighted loops shown here:

Working here in Work In Progress
(7.0.20174.13515, 6/22/2020)
Commercial

try box mode, does it work there?

Not working in box mode. Will try with newest WIP

Work In Progress (7.0.20168.13075, 16.06.2020) Commercial
InsertEdge it’s working.

1 Like

Now I’m wondering what it is about this object that could’ve broken it. Very simple object.

Maybe I need a toolbarreset.

that won’t do anything to fix a broken tool, only a missing one. what version are you running and can you post the file?

It’s just this silly little soap dish a client wanted for a prop:

Soap Dish.3dm (240.0 KB)

“About” =
Work In Progress
(7.0.20168.13075, 6/16/2020)
Commercial

The insert edge and insert point commands both fail. I was attempting to insert an edge between the two widthwise edge loops.

check for updates and get a newer cut of v7-

You created a model with errors.
Fixed model:
Soap Dish1.3dm (190.1 KB)

“About” =
Work In Progress
(7.0.20168.13075, 6/16/2020)
Commercial

What were the errors? I couldn’t see anything weird in the original except for one doubled up crease. Taking the creases all out of the original didn’t make insertedge work.

I put you a corrected model, I think you can compare.
I don’t speak English well.

So my problem was just one extra edge loop on the bottom, which looks slightly inset in smooth mode, but was overlapping the creased outer edge in box mode?

Is that all you changed?

I deleted it in the original and it fixed my problem. I also tried using shift-scale with gumball to shrink that edge loop inward and it also fixed the problem, without deleting. I don’t get why it was a problem though.

@theoutside Was this a coincident vertices problem?

If the model is correct, then there is no problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for fixing it. I think there’s a problem with the SubD interface when something that breaks the model does not look like a problem.

An example for a soap box, I do not see where it is possible to make a mistake.

that’s the good/bad thing about SubD here… it doesn’t “break” like tsplines used to.

that’s why you will constantly hear me say over and over …

“model in box mode, evaluate and refine in smooth mode”

if your box mode has problems they amplify in smooth mode.

1 Like