I’m trying to use Kangaroo to create physical cables between components. The cables should wrap around obstacles naturally given a cable radius and bending resistance. The way I’ve set it up is to create a straight line between the two connection end points, discretising it, and then using them as input to SolidPointCollide with some solids being the obstacles.
The problem I’m facing is that in many instances when the initial line already goes through the obstacles, the collision fails:
I’ve tried using higher strength values for the collision goal hoping it would push the cables out strongly but it didn’t help.
test-cable-between-components.gh (93.5 KB)