The following is a cross post with the karamba forum:
Hope everything is going good for you today! I’ve got a little problem I wouldn’t mind some help with (most likely a karamba staff job!)
I’m having a bit of an issue with karamba and octopus - with karamba causing octopus to crash when running (I believe).
I happen to have visual studio installed; and it reports the following error once it crashes:
“Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF9ADB520B0 (karamba.dll) in Rhino.exe: Fatal program exit requested. occurred”
Attached is the definition file with baked geometry if this helps.
01_Singleblock_Baked.gh (128.6 KB)
I am currently running Rhino 6 with the latest karamba build.
I aim to create a parametric bridge model - optimising weight and deflection (structural) as well as proximity of 3 movable loads (architectural). The geometry creation is a bit complicated, however I do not think this can ever fail; as I have stress tested this.
The setup for octopus is as follows:
- Inputs (for octopus and the parametric model)
- Geom. creation (parametric model)
- Karamba analysis
- Outputs (one is non-karamba, the other two are karamba based)
After an arbitrary number of phenotypes generated (usually around 200), Rhino quits constantly.
I have double checked the following:
- Octopus can run with just the inputs (a fake output is created to allow for octopus to run). It does not crash here.
- Octopus can run with the inputs and the non-karamba outputs. It does not crash here
- Octopus cannot run with the inputs and the karamba outputs. It crashes here
- Octopus cannot run with the inputs and all outputs. It crashes here
I have also checked the following:
- Geometry generation is built ruggedly (by setting parameter limits appropriately & testing extreme scenarios)
- Octopus never receives any value to make it quit (see if statement at the end of karamba parameters)
Any help is appreciated, as I’m currently on a deadline for my thesis on this!