Joined surfaces with different colours

Hi, I have imported a stp file model from NX and for some reason it displays some surfaces with a different colour even though they are joined as a polysurface.

Shown below are 3 joined surfaces, they are all set to have Display colour as white in the properties window, however the left one shows the surface as blue. Even if I explode and rejoin them it still remains like this.

Does anyone know why this might be? I’ve been through a load of the appearance/colour settings but can’t see anything that is different, besides once they join surely they would all adopt the joinee surfaces?

Hi Jon -
You should be able to use the RemovePerFaceColors command to get rid of that color.
If that doesn’t do it, please upload the 3dm file.
-wim

Thanks @wim, that’s worked :+1:

Can you explain why it did that, and if I am able to set surfaces within polysurfaces to be different colours like this as it could be useful to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jon -

You can sub-object select (CtrlShift+LMB) surfaces of a polysurface and then set the display color to a specific color in the properties panel. The stp file format carries that information.
-wim

Cool thanks @wim! For all the years I’ve been using Rhino, I did not realise you could do that! :laughing:

Everyday’s a school day!

Thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hey Jon -

Well, per-face colors is new in Rhino 7 so you haven’t missed out on that feature for a very long time.
-wim

Aah, thats good. As long as I’ve not missed out! Will certainly find it useful :slight_smile:

1 Like