Issue Interpolate curve

I want to create a interpolate curve between those points but in one part of them the structure looks be different creating weird curve how can I solve it?

issue interpolate.gh (48.7 KB)

Regardds!

a quick fix with sort along curve, I would be easy to fix that before generate the structure of points.

171125_issue_interpolate_ev.gh (54.8 KB)

2 Likes

thank u …

Could you give me a little explanation how sort list in this case works? I thought the input A must be a different data to compare with “k” but in this case its the same list it´s confuse :confused:

the input K only takes the length of the lines automatically, it is a shortcut for sort lines by length :wink:

2 Likes

thanks Mr.! :ok_hand: you rocks!

Hello Erick,I would wanna know could I get all points generate the interpolate curve? I try to explode the interpolate curve I have create, however, only the start point and end point I could get.

Hi - If you are using the IntCrv component to create a curve you should have the input points available as well. So then just use those.

If, on the other hand, you are only presented with an internalized curve that you know has been created with the Interpolated Curve command or component, you can find the original input points only if the curve was created with the KnotStyle = Uniform option. In that case, all EditPoints but the second and the n-1 point will be the original input points. You will have to bake the curve to Rhino, turn the editpoints on and extract those as I don’t see a native GH component that gives you access to these.

If the knotstyle was either chord or sqrtchord, you won’t be able to find the original points.
-wim

You will have to bake the curve to Rhino, turn the editpoints on and extract those as I don’t see a native GH component that gives you access to these.

I have “Curve Edit Points” component in Pufferfish if interested. It can get the Span points as well which will get you the points for curves made with chord or sqrtchord.

CurveEditPoints.gh (9.3 KB)

Nice, Michael.
And it skips those extra +1 and n-1 edit points that Rhino will give you (for any knot style).
-wim

1 Like

And it skips those extra +1 and n-1 edit points that Rhino will give you (for any knot style).

If you turn K(knots) to false you can get Rhino’s edit points (which has those extra points :smiley:

1 Like