Is there a way to set all objects to "apply layer material" regardless of whether they're in an embedded block or not?

I have a complex building sketchup model I brought into Rhino where I modeled a renovation. Now I want to render it in Lumion and the materials aren’t the way I want them to be. It seems like it’ll take forever to go into every block and change the settings and I’d really hate exploding everything and lose the blocks. I’m time-pressured now, so I’ll likely explode for this time, but I would love to know if this is possible. It would be great to know. If not, I think it would be a great feature.

Hello - is the goal to set material assingments to ByParent? A simple example would be helpful.

-Pascal

The goal is to set the object in blocks to ByLayer.
I have blocks that have multiple objects in them. The objects themselves are in separate layers but have material only applied to the object, not set up to follow the layer that object is in. I want to change them to follow the layer. It’s a simple block edit, but I have a lot of different blocks.

@hcasellas - see if this does what you want -

LayerizeBlockObjectMaterial.py (1.2 KB)

To use the Python script use RunPythonScript, or a macro:

_-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double-quotes"

-Pascal