iRhino WIP Available

The library that we currently use for step does not have an iOS implementation. We asked the library vendors a while ago for this. We can try asking again

1 Like

I understand. The ability to import .step files would be huge, as this is the standard in many industries. Lets see what the vendors can do.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Object Capture without Lidar

I finally got my hands on a LiDAR Ipad and my first test with iRhino was in lowlight conditions in a room without much pattern differentiation between surfaces/textiles and I was really impressed with how accurately and quickly the room scan worked.

Not to mention the ease of use and navigation of the UX in the app itself.

This app in my mind is filling and has the potential to fill many additional gaps in toolsets in the AEC space and the ability for the it to already create the dimensions and layer structure of classified objects is amazing!

Iā€™ll field verify dimensions of course but getting a pretty accurate base model as a starting point is really wonderful and will save a lot of time.

Thanks for your work on this, Iā€™ll test further and report anything to the appropriate threads on the topic.

5 Likes

Is there a way to link irhino3D to Desktop. Trying to work with a workflow that would speed up the process for 3D scanning purposes?

Hi @Oswaldo_Veliz Iā€™ve not tried this but can you save/export the .3dm fro iRhino to a cloud folder like google drive or one drive (from your mobile/irhino scanning device) and then use Rhino worksession on the desktop to link that file into your desktop app?

What exactly do you mean by link?

What @michaelvollrath suggested would work. You can also setup a network drive if youā€™re on a LAN.

If youā€™re using Rhino for Mac, you can also copy paste scanned geometry using Appleā€™s universal clipboard.

1 Like