Invert attractor effect

Hello,

I know that this question has been asked sometimes but no solution works for me so I need your help.
I would like to invert the variable radius effect on my pipe function.
I tried to invert the input on the Remap but it didn’t work.
I would like to have a smaller radius on the circle and a bigger radius outside.

Thanks for your help!

Capture25|308x500

As you seem to be new here, welcome to the forum.

Maybe you want to read this post in order to get better help:

Also please don’t duplicate posts:
https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/invert-attractor-influence/61617/6?u=baris

I’m sorry for this.
In attached file you have my .gh file

I will delete my other postinvert_attractor.gh (283.0 KB)

Hey!
As you haven’t mentioned your definition, I can only suggest you use the “REVERSE LIST” component which reverses the data in a list. :slight_smile:

Good Luck!

I joined my file in an other post above but I will try your solution
Thank you so much

You have 4780 segments input to VPipe ‘C’ but twice as many values coming out (9560). That doesn’t look right?

Let me know if your problem is solved. :slight_smile:
Best regards!

I don’t know exactly how it works but I have the result that I want. The problem is to inverse the value of the radius…but maybe the number of segments has an impact… ?

It seems no… Where do I have to put my reverse list ? before the Vpipe ?

I doubt that.
Explode Curve is doing nothing, it has the same number of lines input as output: 4780.

invert_attractor_2021May8a.gh (288.0 KB)

This isnt the solution to reverse an attractor

1 Like

You are right
Thank you very much for your file and your time.
Is it possible to invert the value of the radius ? I would like to have a smaller radius in the circle and a bigger radius outside!

I hope to have this effect
capture27|690x402

Flawed perceptions result in flawed solutions, time after time.

1. Getting twice as many results (‘VPipes’) as you have line segments was an obvious flaw that you ignored, even when I pointed it out.

2. This is not an “Invert attractor effect” at all. What you seem to want is to apply the distance to attractor only to those lines (points) inside the attractor and ignore those outside?

3. Your attractor curves (plural, not singular and ellipses, not circles) are planar while your lines (points) are not in the same plane, therefore “inside / outside” is meaningless.

I’m sorry it’s the beginning for me with Grasshopper so I tried to use what I found on Youtube.

1. It’s difficult for me to understand the default with the line segments
  2. I think yes, visually I want to invert the effect but maybe it’s not really the case, if I want a smaller radius pipe in the circle than outside maybe it’s what you mean
  3. Is it better if I put a sphere because it’s in 3D, is it possible with a sphere ?

That looks to me like a single point attractor. I see no evidence of constraining curves.

invert_attractor_2021May9a.gh (293.9 KB)

Your line segments may be longer than you realize?

P.S. No, they are all identical in length: 55.597329

Thank you so much for your help
I put somes curves because I would like “an oval effect” and not a round.
With an attractor point I think that the effect spreads like a round, isn’t it ?

Yes, the effect of an attractor point is “round” - spherical, actually.

Does this help you understand the effect of attractor curves? These lines connect the mid-point of your line segments to the nearest point on one of the attractor curves. Their lengths are distance values.

invert_attractor_2021May9b.gh (278.2 KB)

invert_attractor_2021May9c.gh (295.0 KB)

Above is based on yesterday’s version (2021May8a.gh) using mid-points.
Below is based on today’s version (May9a.gh) using end points.

invert_attractor_2021May9d.gh (299.0 KB)

Thank you very much for your help, it helps me a lot to understand the effect of the attractor it was very abstract for me.
I see the difference between both files. I will work with the version using end points.
It really helps me
Thanks again !