Intersecting planner surfaces with trimmed surface

@scottd @DavidRutten @dale @stevebaer
It is a very old problem. When we manually intersect two surfaces , where one is trimmed and other is a planner surface, we always get the curve on the trimmed visible surface.

But while doing automaton, I mean in grasshopper component as c# rhino-common, the resulting intersecting curves are going all along untrimmed bit of the surface.

This was a problem with Rhino 4 and 5 , if I am not wrong, or if I am not aware of how to get only the trimmed bit of the curve.

My question is how to get intersection curves only on trimmed bit of surface, so I do not need to do manual cleaning later on.

Please guide me how to get the intersection curve only for the trimmed bit of the surface, the part which we want to keep.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @tsiddikee,

How are you intersecting the two surfaces? Can you share your source code that isn’t working for you?

– Dale

Dear Dale , it is a super simple code.
I had used SurfaceSurface intersection.Now I have used BrepSurface intersection, it worked.
It is funny that, after posting a question in the forum, I solve the problem very quickly, normally in 10 to 30 minutes and often need to delete post.

Surfaces are always untrimmed and breps can be trimmed. If I am correct, please let me know.
I have used BrepSurface intersection and it worked exactly how I wanted… as described above.

Yep

– Dale