Installation latest wip all settings gone

i had just started getting comfortable with the wip and now after installing the latest and greatest all settings are deleted.

i believe i saw a topic regarding that problem but i thought it has been a while and blue eyed as I am installed the new wip and :face_with_raised_eyebrow: i cant find that topic anymore so i created a new…

can you guys please not sudo delete the entire app including settings and throw it into the bin at least for the wip? not sure i am happy waisting an hour setting all up from scratch since ping ponging the settings from v7 does not quite work too well…

also the language settings are ignorred now, i can not switch from german to english anymore.

edit:
hmmmmMMmm, ok i seemed to have managed, it is called optionsimport now, and now the plist file is being accepted and almost all is back to how it was before… well then, but please dont make it a habbit :smiley:

the language by the way i managed to set in the OS since you can there set the language for each app individually, is that now the way to go in general? then either this option should be removed in Rhino or whatever.

here’s that topic, and in it some possible ways you may be able to get back your settings

Akash

1 Like

thanks @Akash i have the same settings more or less on the v7 so i got all back since that seems to work now, only thing which is now strange is that commands can not be set/created anymore, the setting in the options is missing, any idea?

you can create/edit commands here. [Window manu]

Or you can directly create a new toolbar [inside a new container]. and right click on the cog icon

1 Like

hm ok, but how do you set the hotkeys shortcuts there? the first thing i noticed after being stunned by the sudden change of option settings, that the gumball which i had on f1 is now defined as help.

i found that there are some under the section keyboard in the Rhino Settings but that would not allow me to alter the hotkeys, or add any new only changing predefined shortcuts… i am getting the feeling that its getting rather tougher to change things than the other way around.

here:

Only that now unfortunately there is no + [plus] option to add additional hotkeys combo. Which limit our field quite a lot. [ I have requested this some time ago… but no luck getting it into the pile… would be nice to have some help pushing for this simple addition] New UI, Keyboard shortcuts no + button - #5 by Akash

1 Like

thanks @akash, lets try to get to the bottom of this together.

I made a mockup I reply to Wim on the other thread

things changed in order to be the same as Windows [they have also complained a lot so it’s kind of fair]

i saw it, i am following there already and have responded.

Macros are not the same as keyboard shortcuts. Why can we no longer make keyboard shortcuts in v8?

this is a good question and it seems to become one of the most tenacious unsolvable Rhino mysteries of all time.

i made a new topic regarding this issue here