Improve the previous Design Honeycomb structure

http://gramaziokohler.arch.ethz.ch/web/d/forschung/229.html

2 Likes

I first use Random to take out the center point of the hexagon and then use Anemone to perform the loop operation. I still can’t achieve the result I want: a hollow hexagon is solid part surrounded by hollow; two continuous hollow hexagonal entities surrounded by hollow; in turn, three or four continuous hollow hexagons are materialized, and the hexagons around them are hollow.

This is my gh document.Random solid.gh (21.5 KB)

It is better to use populate than random as populate try to put enough place between points.

Putting more point along could be done searching proximity points near a line of desired length … There are many ways. Withouth coding I don’t know a simple way to be 100 % exact.

Dear laurent
For populate 2D, I’ve tried, but I still can’t get what I want.
Also, using a line of desired length was my original design. Now I just want to find the center point and then randomly materialize a hollow grid, but it can not appear two consecutive. If two consecutive hollow hexagons are materialized, three consecutive hollow hexagons cannot appear.
Please check the following website

You better learn C# or Python with some simple rules.

My friend, your suggestion is very good, but I don’t understand C # and Python at all.

i don’t understand what you want exactly?

I now want to find a center point, and then randomly perform a hollow grid of materialization, but it can not appear in two consecutive. If there are two consecutive hollow hexagonal materializations, three consecutive threes cannot occur.

But now I want to achieve more red entities in the hexagonal hollow structure.

Please check the gh. Random solid.gh (21.5 KB)

if i understand you
you don’t want more than 3 hexagon converge with each other
if that what you want you can convert the final result without offset to region than you calculate the areas and compare them to (3*area of one hexagon) and cull pattern

and sorry if that not what you need

can you try with thisRandom solid test.gh (19.3 KB)

I don’t quite understand your suggestion that you calculate the areas and compare them to (3 * area of one hexagon) and cull pattern. In fact, I want to get a hexagon through a random hexagon center point, and then materialize; or get two adjacent hexagons, then materialize, and so on.

you can try this , as start point may help youRandom solid test2.gh (11.5 KB)

I tried your method and found that it could not achieve my goal. I think I have to solid my hollow hexagon manually, because I only have so many hexagons in total.Random solid.gh (21.5 KB)

maybe that help you i don’t know

@shuxin could you upload two Rhino files, one with your start situation and one with your end situation? Better said: one Rhino file with what you currently have and one Rhino file with what you want to achieve.

In this way it will be easier for people to understand where you are and where you wanna get.