I cannot type in a backtick

Hi, to specify a language in a code block, you need to type in three backticks + language name.
Is there a possibility to change this to ', instead of backtick? I think typing backtick is a little tricky.

Thank you!

Backtick has become the standard for code blocks with markdown which is what this forum uses for input. Sorry we will not be changing this for our forum.

A single quote character will not work as it is a standard character used in most programming languages.

You can copy and paste this one: `

Very useful thread!

`Backtick Key`

or this: `test`

<pre>`Backtick Key`</pre>
or this: &#96;test&#96;

Three 'tildes" also works instead of backticks. if you want to specify Python, make sure it is not capitalized to get the correct formatting…

~~~python
<put in code>
~~~

Test with backticks:

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs

def AlignBottomToZero():
    msg="Select objects to align botttom to 0"	
    objs=rs.GetObjects(msg,4+8+16+32,preselect=True)
    if not objs: return

rs.EnableRedraw(False)
    for obj in objs:
        bb=rs.BoundingBox(obj)
        if bb: rs.MoveObject(obj,rs.coerce3dvector([0,0,-bb[0][2]]))

AlignBottomToZero()

Test with tildes:

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs

def AlignBottomToZero():
    msg="Select objects to align botttom to 0"	
    objs=rs.GetObjects(msg,4+8+16+32,preselect=True)
    if not objs: return

rs.EnableRedraw(False)
    for obj in objs:
        bb=rs.BoundingBox(obj)
        if bb: rs.MoveObject(obj,rs.coerce3dvector([0,0,-bb[0][2]]))

AlignBottomToZero()

Looks the same to me. I haven’t found a way to type backticks on an iPad keyboard, but tildes are there, so this might help someone.

oh, tilde is a lot easier than backtick to type in!

import Rhino.Geoemetry as rg
just noticed, through my keyboard, backtick can be typed in when pressing tilde...

Hold your finger down on the ‘ key for a second and you will be presented alternatives including the backtick. Not the easiest thing to do, but it is possible

Ah, OK, I was wondering if it was there somewhere - didn’t look far enough. Tildes are a bit more accessible, especially as you have to type 3 of 'em in a row, twice.