Python how to type character >>

I found a character that is unfamiliar to me. It works like a tab, so I do not need to backspace all the spaces to delete previous made tabs pressed by the tab button.

Which button do I have to press to get the character >> as shown in the image below?
I tried everything, but I do not know what I am doing wrong.
20190119%20problem%20type%20character%2000

Hi,
If you are hoping to use this character instead of 4 spaces for indentation then I donā€™t think you can or should - stick with the spaces.
I think the screenshot youā€™re seeing is some editorā€™s way of displaying indentation (tabs or spaces).
You can switch from 4 spaces to 2 or to tabs (option in the Python editor?) but I donā€™t recommend it

1 Like

Try ctrl +shift+ left arrow to select lots of spaces for deletion ā€¦? Or maybe shift + home? Or even shift + up arrow + end?

1 Like

Thank you for your response. :smiley:
But, do you might know an more easy way? I thought about backspace+tab but it does not exists.

1 Like

Or use an external editor such as Pycharn, atom or vscode if you are spending lots of time writing Python ā€¦?

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:
I found something, but it removes all tabs, but I might be close.

ctrl + del

And ā€˜no,ā€™ I did not spend nine days to figure this out.

not sure if itā€™s what you are looking for, but you can highlight a line, (or number of lines), that have indents (or spaces) and use shift+tab to ā€œunindentā€ them.

1 Like

:cricket: :snake: :stars: