How to turn a smooth free-form surface into a smooth (non-planar) hexagonal grid in Grasshopper?

I am struggling with turning a smooth free-form surface into a smooth (non-planar) hexagonal grid in Grasshopper. I downloaded the grasshopper-plug-in LunchBox which includes a component to turn a smooth free-form surface into a hexagonal grid (as shown in the picture below.

My problem is that the resulting curves are not curved but straight lines which only approximate the original surface (the hexagrid consists only of planar facets, so to say). Is there any way to achieve hexagonal curves which perfectly align with the original free-form surface (pink curves in the picture)? Maybe by using a normal vector to project the straight lines onto the original smooth surface (just an idea, I don´t know the specific approach)?

Thanks a lot for your input! Let me know if you need more pictures for further reference.

Try with “Pull Curve”, which pull a curve on the surface, then use “Surface Split” with those curves to split your starting surface.

That´s exactly the command I was looking for. Thanks a lot!